No network interface listed for kaspersky VPN

Windows specific questions, problems.
druss

No network interface listed for kaspersky VPN

Post by druss »

Hi everyone, I need some help Ive looked at guides on how to set qbittorrent to a network interface because the killswitch doesnt seem to trigger fast enough, the vpn Im using is the premium kaspersky VPN. In qbit there are only

local area connection
local host
and loopback pseudo interface

In the device manager there are kaspersky network adapters listed but again not in qbit.

Is there a solution?
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: No network interface listed for kaspersky VPN

Post by unseen19 »

Hin

Does "get-netadapter' shows the adapter too in a regular PS (not in admin shell)?
Starting QBt as administrator changes anything? (right click the icon and select the correct option)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

druss wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:41 pm...
Only a few VPN solutions use a dedicated VPN adapter. Some even let you pick what you would like to use. For example, if you connect via OpenVPN, it is like that. If Kaspersky does not use anything of that sort, you can't use interface binding.

But I would not use kaspersky for this. I heavily doubt they'd let you p2p on their VPN.
druss

Post by druss »

unseen19 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:33 am Hin

Does "get-netadapter' shows the adapter too in a regular PS (not in admin shell)?
Starting QBt as administrator changes anything? (right click the icon and select the correct option)
The power shell command worked local area connection lists kaspersky VPN as interface decription, I set it to that interface and when I turned off the VPN the ubuntu torrent went to 0, however it did take about 1 minute to do so, is this because the qbit interface shows an estimate reduction in downloading and its really stopped? Also when I tested it with split tunneling it didnt work, only by enabling full VPN did the torrent start up again, is there another setting for split tunneling that I have to adjust?

@peter the kaspersky VPN has 2 server type selections 1 for web and streaming and the second one is stated to be used with torrenting and large file transfer. But I will swtch VPN's when my sub is up in septemder. Mullvad seems to be a good one according to /r vpntorrents