Do people actually use this project? If so how

Other platforms, generic questions.
asshole1324

Do people actually use this project? If so how

Post by asshole1324 »

Hello world!

I'm new to qBittorrent and decided it would be a great idea to set it up on my new fileserver, with the default configuration and a multi-gigabit WAN connection I was never able to exceed 10KiB/s of download from a Debian ISO torrent with >1000 seeders. On the same machine, with multiple different torrent clients (rTorrent, Transmission, Deluge, and some others) I was easily able to achieve 1-2Gb/s (sadly limited by my VPN server's performance). I have spent literally hours and multiple days researching and trying every little know trick to increase download speed but could never get a successful download, my torrents would almost always go to 10KiB/s and then proceed to being "Stalled" with no other information given, no information in the logs, no error in the console or any other UI element. It would also sometimes report every tracker as unreachable, when again, different torrent clients I later tried had no problems.

I respectfully ask, that you guys figure out and fix your garbage bloatware because frankly in my limited experience of installing from apt and just attempting to use what was advertised as a working torrent client, I have wasted countless hours of my life when I should have used something else to begin with. Your software has one job, of which it seemingly cannot do.

I can hear the drums, Let the flame war begin!
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Do people actually use this project? If so how

Post by Peter »

Maybe, computers are just not your thing? You could always switch to Apple I suppose.

My experience is the opposite. No matter what I use it on. Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac. Laptop, PC, server, VM. It is blazing fast, maxing out whatever connection I can throw at it. Same with torrent count. I ran thousands and thousands of torrents without any problem, crashes or corruption whatsoever.