Shutdown qBitrorrent-nox gracefully?

Linux specific questions, problems.
Thewonderer

Shutdown qBitrorrent-nox gracefully?

Post by Thewonderer »

Hi, I've installed qBitorrent-nox on my Raspberry PI 3 (ver 3.3.6).  I've got it starting as a contrab as I couldn't get the service script to work. Whenever I pause all my torrents and then reboot my Pi, I loose most of the previous progress and need to manually add torrents back in and check them. Is there a way to shutdown / suspend qbitorrent so I don't have to spend an hour fixing up my downloads when the Pi restarts. Last reboot took it back about 2 weeks.

Thanks.
doctoralex

Re: Shutdown qBitrorrent-nox gracefully?

Post by doctoralex »

Do you save local or on remote FS? Check the logs if there is something. I have similar scenario with PI 2b and I don't have issues.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

What if you send a graceful kill?

1) check pid of process
2) send graceful kill

One example:
kill `ps -ef|grep -i qbittorrent-nox| grep -v grep| awk '{print $2}'`

Of course, backup your settings/stuff before you do this.

Also I think the service is just not written properly, it should be invoked to terminate qbittorrent-nox before shutting down.
Planomator

Post by Planomator »

It's almost always about filesystem rights.

Got mostly the same, old torrents had not saved statistics and new locations after daemon restart.

Code: Select all

chown -R 
and

chmod -R 775 
on qbittorrent's config dir did the trick.

Another gracefull stop of daemon is

sudo start-stop-daemon --stop --name qbittorrent-nox
but it will not help if rights arent right
bob2306

Post by bob2306 »

Thewonderer wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:26 pm Is there a way to shutdown / suspend qbitorrent so I don't have to spend an hour fixing up my downloads when the Pi restarts. Last reboot took it back about 2 weeks.
Two weeks is worrying. I noticed this with the ordinary GUI qbittorrent when I went to bed and set a timed shutdown. In that case it went back by an amount that was consistent with "Save resume data interval". It seemed likely that there would be some kind of timer to control this and the resume data timer seemed to be the only candidate.