Search impossible : search plugin's suddenly disappeared

Windows specific questions, problems.
jagary57

Search impossible : search plugin's suddenly disappeared

Post by jagary57 »

Hello,

Since yesterday, I'm not able to do a search ; I receive the message : "there aren't any search plugins installed. Click on the search plugins...etc".
I made no changes on my computer.
I tried to reinstall one of my search plugin using the procedure and tried to install it again using the "install a new one" option but the result was the same. Actually you can't install the "new" plugin and receives error message : "Couldn't update "name of the plugin.py"search engine plugin. Plugin is not supported."
Already restarted the computer, disabled my VPN to test (HMA) but it all comes to the same conclusion : the Search component of qbittorrent does not work !

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks in advance !
hiongster

Re: Search impossible : search plugin's suddenly disappeared

Post by hiongster »

I am facing the same issue...
jagary57

Post by jagary57 »

I have installed Qbittorrent on another computer and it works perfectly. So it's not related to my private network ( router, wifi etc...) . Still looking for the root cause...
hiongster

Post by hiongster »

fixed it, by installing the latest Python version.
jagary57

Post by jagary57 »

I have uninstalled the old Python 3.8 and installed the 3.12 but it's still the same, thanks anyway it's certainly something that had to be done anyway. Or maybe there is some kind of process I have to activate ?
stueymc

Post by stueymc »

Hi,
I'm having the same problem. What I've done so far: uninstalled qbittorrent & python. Reinstalled qbittorrent_4.6.1_x64_setup. Then let it install the default version of python. Then I upgraded to the current version of python(and uninstalled the older version). Even tried upgrading to current version. At each of the steps I could not installed any plugins. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
stueymc

Post by stueymc »

Ok, I seem to have it working again.
What I did was, close qbittorrent completely(check in Task manager). Then I deleted the entire "engines" folder contained within the "nova3" folder from the qbittorrent install location. In my case in was in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\nova3. The folder "Appdata" might be hidden on your system, so google how to show hidden files. Then I opened qbittorent again, clicked on "Search". I had to reinstall all the search engines again, but it seems to have worked perfectly.
jagary57

Post by jagary57 »

yes ! It works again using your advice, thank you very much stueymc ! I would not have found this by myself.