No search results

Windows specific questions, problems.
ghettus

No search results

Post by ghettus »

Hi,

it's quite a long time that anything I search on qBitTorrent give me 0 result.
The app seems online and I've 2 file in seeding state, so my connection seems ok.

I'm using qBitTorrent 4.5.5 (64bit) on my Windows 10 (64bit)
I've just re-installed Python, v. 3.11.5 (64bit).
I've disabled windows firewall.
All the plugins are updated.

I've re-installed the application and performed different restart of the PC but nothing has changed.
I ran out of ideas...

Thanks for the support
postcd

Re: No search results

Post by postcd »

Did you restart the computer after re/installing python? I guess it should not be needed but who knows.
Try to remove/add some top well known search plugin and restart qbt and retry search. https://github.com/qbittorrent/search-p ... ch-plugins
Then i would check qbt the tab with logs (Execution log?) what it shows (i would check all log lines for errors related to python/search/plugins and remove plugins that may be suspicious/outdated.
Beside installing latest python (not very likely to fix the issue), someone fixed similar issue like this:
What I did was, close qbittorrent completely(check in Task manager). Then I deleted the entire "engines" folder contained within the "nova3" folder from the qbittorrent install location. In my case in was in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\nova3. The folder "Appdata" might be hidden on your system, so google how to show hidden files. Then I opened qbittorent again, clicked on "Search". I had to reinstall all the search engines again, but it seems to have worked perfectly.
Feedback to what helped would always be good.