Question: adding and managing trackers help.

Other platforms, generic questions.
TympanicMembrane

Question: adding and managing trackers help.

Post by TympanicMembrane »

I just recently got back into using Torrents and opted for Qbittorrent.

I found a new tracker list and added it to the options menu to add to all new torrentz. They seemed to be working at first, but can't really say if there was any performance boost at all. After about a day of using I'm noticing that a majority of the trackers are not working with various messages such as unreachable, no such host, torrent aborted, skipping tracker announce. Theres a few working with a low number of seeds and leeches.

I would like advice on managing trackers, if anyone is a pro at it. What should I move to the top or delete.

Thanks.
bob2306

Re: Question: adding and managing trackers help.

Post by bob2306 »

You tried it and it didn't work, so you assume that you did something wrong. If the speed had gone up randomly, you would probably have already drunk the kool-aid. Once you start to believe in it, that belief gets reinforced by confirmation bias. This is how many old wives' tales got started.
TympanicMembrane

Post by TympanicMembrane »

I don't know whats going on, that is why I'm asking for assistance. It could be a bug, it could be I there is something I don't understand.
bob2306

Post by bob2306 »

I'm saying that IMO it doesn't work - there's no technical reason why it should.