Problem with logging into the web portal on TrueNAS(FreeBSD)

Other platforms, generic questions.
jormungand

Problem with logging into the web portal on TrueNAS(FreeBSD)

Post by jormungand »

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I hope this hasn't been answered already, but I didn't see anything else that looked like my exact issue, which is...

I've been trying to log into qbittorrent web portal on an instance running on TrueNAS. Either the plugin or the jail both have the same issue, which is that the web portal has been changed in these later versions to have a random password in some config settings and so the default "adminadmin" password won't let me in the portal.

There is lots of advice on how to change this in the config file on Windows, Linux, etc., but I haven't been able to find anything on how to change it in the FreeBSD filesystem; I can't even find the config file and I've been searching for it, but have yet to come across anything that looks like the right file. Do I need to make a config file myself? If so, how does that need to be setup? Honestly, I'm quite new to TrueNAS/FreeBSD and I don't understand the filesystem very well.

Has anyone been successful getting qbittorrent 4.6.3 running in the web portal on TrueNAS?