Items will not download

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Davmay48

Items will not download

Post by Davmay48 »

Every time I try to DL a torrent the file goes into the Errored section with the message Errored: Couldn't write to file. Reason: "Permission Denied". Torrent is now in "upload only” mode

I have tried with many downloads and this happens to all of them
JusMe

Re: Items will not download

Post by JusMe »

I just upgraded to Ventura and have the same problem. I can access torrent files or magnets on different sites, I can put them into qBittorrent, get a green downloading indication, but then nothing happens. They don't downolad.

I think this is happening on other torrent applications, too, so I'm stuck withou any downloads?

Anyone with suggestions, HELP!
JusMe

Post by JusMe »

Getting desperate. Prefer qBittorrent, but no other application is working, either. Cannot download anything.

I get the torrent or magnet link, put it into the application, where it's read, but then nothing is downloaded.

Getting desperate - somebody please help.
JusMe

Post by JusMe »

It's NOT us!!

Trouble downloading magnets or torrents using Ventura? Get qBittorrent open with the magnet info loaded, connect to the information about the files, and then nothing? Tracker doesn't connect to sources.

After several days and phone calls to the Apple Support line, I finally had one of their advisors say they'd had lots of calls about this issue.

It is definitely a Ventura issue, so now we only have to wait until Apple provides a patch to correct Ventura.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I love to test these things out but it's really hard to get a Mac. You can rent one online for example but the remote experience is very laggy and the price is astronomical.

(I am not a dev, I just enjoy tinkering with bugs, issues, trying to find a solution.)
JusMe

Post by JusMe »

Not quite a solution, but -

I noticed that when I "upgraded" to Ventura, a lot of files and folders were moved to a "Relocated Items" in a Security folder inside Shared, Users. Didn't seem to be a problem until browser downloads were okay but no torrent/magnet files would download.

Just now, created a kind of workaround.

I made a new folder in an external drive, and changed the destination in qBittorrent for downloads to that.

Zing!! Immediately got two magnet downloads, neither of which I really need, but did just to test this. So far, so good.

Might do some experimentation on destination folder, but at least this seems a workaround until Apple creates a patch or update to Ventura.
JusMe

Post by JusMe »

Just a quick change in my destination folder.

Created one in the Applications folder of the iMac and tried it for qBittorrent. Seemed not to work, but the external drive one was okay. But now I see the two magnets are downloading to the folder in the Applications folder.
harryb382003

Post by harryb382003 »

Have you set up a user for qbtorrent with the correct perms? I think I remember having to do something like that a while back
JusMe

Post by JusMe »

"Have you set up a user for qbtorrent with the correct perms? "

Not quite what you mean by 'correct perms' but with the newly created folder simply labelled Magnet DLs, all my downloads go there and I can then do what I want with them.

It's a problem with upgrading to the new system. The location of my downloads couldn't exist, as all my files had been moved to "Relocated Items" and I can't move them out of there simply to my HD. System won't allow it.

But everything goes easily into the new folder in my Applications folder, which is easy to access, and then I can do what I like with them. Just use an alias to that folder and access to the downloads.