Out of space

Windows specific questions, problems.
edkennedywv

Out of space

Post by edkennedywv »

My network drive has filled up and I’ve ordered another 14GB. Is there a way to keep my existing files online while pointing BitTorrent to save new files on the new drive. I may be missing something but in the past it started moving things en masse to the new drive. It would all fit but would defeat the point of more storage.
rdalek

Re: Out of space

Post by rdalek »

I recently ran into this issue. I click size to sort them from largest to smallest while in the completed status tab. I then highlight, using either the CTRL and left click or you can select a whole continuous section by highlighting one torrent, then moving to the last one one you want and click while holding the shift key. This is on Linux. May not work on Windows. Either way, select several of them that you want to move and then right click and use the Set Location in the menu to move. That should free up some space.

When you get in a new drive, you can then tell qbittorrent to sort by location and select those torrents you move earlier and move them to the new location or your old location, whichever you are doing.

If you are moving a lot of files, make sure your machine will be running during that time. I'm not sure what happens if qbittorrent is closed before the move is done. I'd think it would resume the move. I'm just not sure. I just always make sure qbittorrent will be running. Also, during the move, they are listed in the Moving tab on the status pane. As they move, it returns to the previous location. I tend to only move torrents that are complete. I guess it doesn't matter.

Maybe this will give you some ideas.
bob2306

Re: Out of space

Post by bob2306 »

I recently changed Preferences->Downloads->"Default Save Path" and nothing moved - it just applied to new torrents. This was on FreeBSD though.