Default Directory For Automatic Torrent Management

Windows specific questions, problems.
obscuredurn

Default Directory For Automatic Torrent Management

Post by obscuredurn »

I've tried changing the default directory under settings, but every time I try to use it with automatic torrent management it defaults to my old default directory. Any help on getting qbittorrent to recognize the new setting would be great. thanks in advance. Picture attached for example.
Attachments
default directory.png
default directory.png (18.87 KiB) Viewed 155 times
rdalek

Re: Default Directory For Automatic Torrent Management

Post by rdalek »

I think I ran into this once before. It's worth a try I guess. I usually set QB to automatically load new torrents when I click on them. There is no dialog window that shows settings. I suspect most have this setting as well. This may fix your problem. Go to Preferences. Click on Download on the left. You should have a option for "Display torrent content and some options" at the top. Make sure that is checked. Click Apply and close the preferences window. When you add the next torrent, you should get a dialog window. Change the settings as needed. I'd check the Torrent Management Mode at the top. You likely want it to set to Automatic. I suspect it is set to Manual now.

Once you get those set up, I hope it behaves like you want in the future. If it does, you can go back and uncheck the "Display torrent content and some options" and have QB add them without prompting each time if you prefer. Oh, you have to be adding a new torrent to get that dialog box. If you try to use one that is already added, the dialog box is different.

Hope that helps. I'm not sure what else to try.