Tracker not working

Linux specific questions, problems.
porphyry5

Tracker not working

Post by porphyry5 »

I'm unable to download torrents available through a particular tracker, http://eutorrents.ph

qBittorrent shows its Status as "Not working" with the message "Host not found (non-authoritative), try again later".

How would I correct this?
loki

Re: Tracker not working

Post by loki »

Just to be clear you have registered or logged in to the site in order to download the torrent file from this (private tracker)?
porphyry5

Post by porphyry5 »

I am a member of eutorrents.  I have the torrent from that site, started normally in qBittorrent, but it will not download the target file.  This is not a problem with the tracker, for I am currently downloading the target file using uTorrent on my windows system.  I cannot download any file using torrents from this tracker with qBittorrent.

Using qBittorrent 2.9.3 on slackware 13.37
Last edited by porphyry5 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Post by loki »

Next step, make sure qB is allowed on the private site.
porphyry5

Post by porphyry5 »

[quote="loki"]
[/quote]
OK, I have made the request to the tracker, and will post here again when I get the response.
porphyry5

Post by porphyry5 »

[quote="loki"]
[/quote]

Apparently, that is the problem.  qBittorent is not listed among their "recommended" torrent clients, and their site rules include a threat to ban any member using what they regard as undesirable clients, though they neglect to provide a list of such.

In fact, their site rules pretty much reduce to a list of threats to ban members and little else; leaving a strong impression that the site's owners sincerely regret the passing of such quaint devices as flogging, burning at the stake, keel-hauling, etc
loki

Post by loki »

There's no reason why it shouldn't be allowed, other than perhaps they don't know about it...
Otherwise, if they refuse to specifically allow it, time to find a new private site.

If you want to really look like you've done your homework tell them the "peer_id" is "-qB"
Last edited by loki on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
porphyry5

Post by porphyry5 »

[quote="loki"]
There's no reason why it shouldn't be allowed, other than perhaps they don't know about it...
Otherwise, if they refuse to specifically allow it, time to find a new private site.

If you want to really look like you've done your homework tell them the "peer_id" is "-qB"
[/quote]

Thanks for your help.  I have passed on the information re "peer_id" to eutorrents with a request that they include qBittorrent.  Possibly they even may.