Turn off download and upload at certain time?

Other platforms, generic questions.
SethNW

Turn off download and upload at certain time?

Post by SethNW »

Hi. I have one question. Does qBittorrent have an option to turn off all traffic during certain hours? I ask because I have capped bandwidth, so I can transfer only 30GB per month and then I get to cap and my connection speed gets reduced to very small speed. But whatever I do between midnight and 6AM does not count towards my cap. So I would like to limit client to download only between midnight and 6AM, so I would do my downloading at that time. I noticed alternative global rate limit, but I can't set it to 0, as I would want to. Am I missing some option?
loki

Re: Turn off download and upload at certain time?

Post by loki »

I think maybe you cannot have the torrent active but also set the upload/download speed to 0. An alternative, you can close the program during the times when you don't want any traffic, btw there IS still traffic even when you're not uploading (or downloading), keeping announce with the tracker and peers (and dht if you use it).

Even so... my conservative estimate, if I did my math correctly, 18 hours a day 1KB up and down constant would have only a maximum of less than 150MB traffic per day. Extrapolated to 30 days, somewhere around 4.5GB. Well within the clear for your 30GB a month.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

How about some Task Scheduler? Set your qBittorrent to download or upload the things you want and close it. Then add a task schedule, so your OS to run qBittorrent at the desired time.
Avelon

Post by Avelon »

I don't know if it's still relevant since I joined with 3.0.6, but

Options > Speed > 'Alternative Global Rate Limits'
> Schedule the use of alternative rate limits

:)