Loading trackers to torrents in the transfer list

Other platforms, generic questions.
o770

Loading trackers to torrents in the transfer list

Post by o770 »

Hello there. Looking for an alternate to uTorrent, I managed to find all but this information about qBittorrent and Tixati, one of which I'll be using. Does qBitorrent let me load the trackers from another torrent file of the same hash I already have in the transfer list?
For instance I download the same torrent from different torrent sites and add these to uTorrent only really loading the trackers. I still have one torrent in the transfer list with all trackers of the files I downloaded.

Another thing, many torrent sites offer what they usually name 'uTorrent compatible list' of trackers. Can I use that in qBitorrent as well?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Loading trackers to torrents in the transfer list

Post by Nemo »

When you add the same torrent file to qBittorrent it will load the default trackers attached to it so if you have added trackers in uTorrent to the same torrent file they won't load with qBittorrent. Your added trackers won't be saved to the torrent file.

uTorrent compatible list can be added to qBittorrent; If you click on it you will get like this, for example:

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce

udp://tracker.istole.it:80/announce

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce

Copy the trackers and add them manually to your torrent within qBittorrent at the Trackers tab -> right click -> Add new trackers. What I do is put them right under each other, removing the space like this:

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce
udp://tracker.istole.it:80/announce
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce

And welcome by the way :).
Last edited by Nemo on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o770

Post by o770 »

Thanks! Is there any way in qBittorrent to load the trackers from another torrent file to the torrent of the same hash already in the transfer list? For instance I download the same hash torrent either from torrage.com and torcache.net and each one has different trackers in it.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Yes it adds the new trackers. I just tried it myself. You'll have to answer the "add new torrent" dialog first though.
o770

Post by o770 »

That's great, thanks! It'd be perfect if the dialog would not come up again.
Reith

Post by Reith »

[quote="o770"]
That's great, thanks! It'd be perfect if the dialog would not come up again.
[/quote]
I disagree.  Loading trackers on private torrents can get you in trouble.  There's been a couple instances where I forgot I already had a torrent loaded and I tried to add it from another tracker also.  It's nice to get some kind of reminder (uTorrent has a popup asking if you'd like to add the tracker).
o770

Post by o770 »

Oh yeah. Each action to its own one-time dialog, just like uTorrent.