[official]qBittorrent 3.0.11 installer - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
Dayman

Re: qBittorrent 3.0.7+3.1.0alpha installers - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

Post by Dayman »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
I have found the issue. It is a libtorrent+msvc bug. Please check your PMs.
[/quote]

For anyone interested here is the upstream bug report: https://code.google.com/p/libtorrent/is ... &start=100

@Dayman, since you use a newer version of msvc can you confirm the bug?
[/quote]

MSVC 2010 works fine
tekko

Re: qBittorrent 3.0.7+3.1.0alpha installers - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

Post by tekko »

What is that dialog you speak of?

Btw, as far as I know torrent progress is saved in *.fastresume files in %HOMEPATH%\Local Setting\Application Data\qBittorrent\BT_backup
[/quote]

highlight files > right click > force recheck > yes/no prompt.
The folder I deleted contains the saved options.
Not really a problem for me, just want to mention I am seeing it happens.
Thanks.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

@sledgehammer_999, is your MSVC updated? I know there's at least SP1 + some minor updates available. They apply to express version too.
Plus there's the feature pack, which introduces some C++0x features.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Yes I have the sp1 iso which was released later than the "feature pack". Do you think it makes any difference having the "feature pack"? I don't think libtorrent uses any of its features.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Here is qBittorrent 3.0.8 built with MSVC 2008 express.

3.0.8 link-> http://sourceforge.net/projects/qbittor ... e/download

Libraries's version used:
Libtorrent: 0.16.7
Qt: 4.8.4
Boost: 1.52.0
Openssl: 1.0.1c
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent 3.0.8+3.1.0alpha installers - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

Post by Nemo »

Thanks for your time and effort sledge :), installing right away.
100%

Re: qBittorrent 3.0.8+3.1.0alpha installers - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

Post by 100% »

v3.0.8 works like a charm. Once again, a big thank you for all your hard work.
bash550

Post by bash550 »

Your efforts are greatly appreciated sledge. 3.0.8 is great.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Here is qBittorrent 3.0.8...
[/quote]
Thanks a lot, works great  8)
bovirus

Post by bovirus »

@sledgehammer_999

The 3.0.7 (and 3.0.8) instalelr doesn't have the italian language updated. Please rebuild the instalelr including the italian language updated.

The 3.0.7 (and 3.0.8) multilanguage installer/uninstaller has some GUI problems on some screens about removal and selection module to uninstall/install (show always the modlule names in english also if teh language selecetd for teh installtion is different than english).

If you need help to translating the installer script in other languages (ex. italian) I will happy to help you.
jeps
Veteran
Veteran

Re: qBittorrent 3.0.6+3.1.0alpha installers - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

Post by jeps »

[quote="jeps"]
Have been using this release and I have been quite pleased.
That was until yesterday!

Yesterday I switch on DTH support, but no luck. At the same time utp connections were impossible.
I tried disabling/enabling Windows firewall = no luck.
I tried reverting to version 3.0.6 = no luck

So now I am (reluctantly) using µTorrent and DHT and udp functionality is back.
Does anybody have a clue to what has happened?
[/quote]
I have tried 3.0.7 and the newest 64b version (deleted all settings between tries), no luck.
I simply don't have any udp/utp functionality.
qTorrent is running on Windows server 2008 R2
Does anybode have a clue?

It "smells" like the old known error with 0 DHT nodes.
tekko

Post by tekko »

@sledgehammer_999

I think it might be a good idea to divide the "Remove configuration files" checkbox on the uninstaller into two, separating CSIDL_APPDATA and CSIDL_LOCALAPPDATA.

The first time I saw the checkbox, I thought it only removes the settings. It could be a disaster for other users who didn't want to remove their torrents, but only the settings.

Just a suggestion, Thanks.
Last edited by tekko on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
desert_by_night

Post by desert_by_night »

Just wanna say i love qBittorrent,version 3.0.8 works perfectly on my Windows 8 Pro x86.
saltyseadog

Post by saltyseadog »

qBittorrent v3.0.8 working perfectly on my 64 bit Win7 OS since release day last week. On another subject and rather than start a new thread will v3.0.8 work properly on a 64 bit Win 8 laptop?.
skrech

Post by skrech »

Hello I'll report a bug here because I'm sure sledge will see it.

qBittorrent allows of creating a directory names with trailing spaces which is not supported in Windows. Therefore, these folders can't be deleted or renamed and to cope with this issues one should use command prompt with "\\?" syntax. It would be great if this bug is fixed. :)