Can't connect to some trackers

Windows specific questions, problems.
ricerom

Can't connect to some trackers

Post by ricerom »

It would be a shame if I had to give up on qbittorrent, as I chose to migrate to it because it coexists very well with a misbehaving driver that is giving me some awful trouble. But the fact is, qbittorrent cannot connect to at least two private trackers I use. The trackers are both working well and qbittorrent is not blacklisted in either site. But in the client the trackers show simply as "Not Working" (in both websites the torrents are shown as active, but no data transfer takes place and no peers are detected in the client).

I have little hope, but is there something I could do? Or is this some kind of bug?
loki

Re: Can't connect to some trackers

Post by loki »

Are you showing as connectable both on the torrent sites and within qB (the green icon)?
ricerom

Post by ricerom »

Actually, no. That has long been a problem for me. The router provided by my ISP has no documentation and apparently cannot be configured correctly to open ports. However, I can connect to two other private trackers, as well as public trackers.
d0cent

Post by d0cent »

>The router provided by my ISP has no documentation

what model is it?
ricerom

Post by ricerom »

The immortal echolife hg866. I used to think I had installed some software that somehow messed up my connection, but since I made a clean install, now I think it's the router (my firewall has the appropriate rules and I have even tried shutting it down to test). My router config page does have a portforwarding page, but it seems to have no effect. Maybe it's my ISP, though they claim they block no ports.

Not sure how it has anything to do with connecting to a tracker, though.
d0cent

Post by d0cent »

have you tried to connect to this trackers without router? If nothing will change - then problem not in router. Also you can check your qbt port at http://www.canyouseeme.org/
ricerom

Post by ricerom »

What do you mean connect without router? Through some other open wireless signal from the street?
loki

Post by loki »

This doesn't sound right... but does this help at all? (might be completely unrelated)
http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... /Eyeon.htm
ricerom

Post by ricerom »

That's it! That's my router. And that's exactly how I have it set up. I guess the ISP must be blocking all non-standard ports?
d0cent

Post by d0cent »

>What do you mean connect without router?
put your internet cable directly into your network card, not router. Then manually set up new internet connection in windows.
ricerom

Post by ricerom »

Unfortunately, my computer doesn't have that kind of port. The cable coming out of the wall is pretty weird looking.