qbittorrent 308 corrupt files

Windows specific questions, problems.
GannTrader

qbittorrent 308 corrupt files

Post by GannTrader »

I have discovered that 308 corrupt dowloaded files, atleast big files.
Whats even worse is that it also corrupts windows systemfiles so that windows wount start.
I have dowloaded some torrent using 306 with no problem so when 308 was released i upgraded.
All big files i downloaded with 308 have been bad.

I can see that something is wrong when i:
1. choose "force recheck" for a completed torrent it wount finnish, count up to 100%.
2. try to copy the big file windows after a while says its corrupt.

Now when i have reinstalled my computer and gone back to 306 all seams to work just fine again so something i very wrong with 308.
I recomend that 308 should be redrawn since it gives you corrupted files and corrupted systemfiles.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qbittorrent 308 corrupt files

Post by Nemo »

You are the first to report such a behaviour out of all the other users which doesn't make immediatly 3.0.8 a ''bad release'', in fact im using it since its released and downloaded huge files myself (and still seeding) and didn't encountered such problems. Same goes for recheck I might add. Also qBittorrent has nothing to do with your system files so that has to be something else. You can report here if you want to: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/ where they might have a look at it but I don't think that this problem is qBittorrent related, atleast corrupt system files is which im sure about.
GannTrader

Post by GannTrader »

This is the steps i have done.
Upgraded from 306 to 308 and downloaded 3 torrents and all were bad, i have downloaded several torrents with 306 without any problem.
The bad files were mkv-files larger then 6GB.
After using 308 for some day/days my computer refused to start, due to corrupt startupfiles.
I reinstalled windows and installed 308 and downloaded 2 torrents and they were both bad and after some time windows once again refused to start.
I reinstalled windows a second time and installed 306 and downloaded the same 2 torrents and this time they were correct.

Im not sure but to me it looks like this has something to do with qbittorrent 308 or some of the programs included.
wobohohoho

Post by wobohohoho »

I've just registered into this forum to find out what's happening with qBittorrent. I'm getting I/O errors as well.

However, it affects only some big torrents (8GiB-12GiB), but not the rest (a 20GiB one works just fine). I re-downloaded one 8GiB torrent with uTorrent that I tried twice with qBittorrent that ended up corrupted (unable to copy/transfer to different drive [forcing a recheck after this point will lead to an I/O error]), and the same torrent downloaded with uTorrent went without a hitch.
d0cent

Post by d0cent »

wobohohoho, I got same errors as you. Try 64-bit version of 308. Work well for me, no i\o errors.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

[quote="d0cent"]
wobohohoho, I got same errors as you. Try 64-bit version of 308. Work well for me, no i\o errors.
[/quote]

It may still be not fixed. I had to reopen the issue on libtorrent bugtracker. Seems there's more to it than race condition introduced in Vista.
darksniper87

Post by darksniper87 »

Just registered to confirm the bug with the corrupted files on bigsize torrents. It happened to me 3 times already since I've updated to 308.
Onemoar

Post by Onemoar »

Last edited by Onemoar on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Onemoar

Post by Onemoar »

here is a work-around for the issue
1. fsutil sparse setlflag filenameinquestion
2. Open QbitTorrent and force a recheck wait for it to redownload the missing bits
3. close Qbittorrent and do fsutil sparse setlflag filenameinquestion again
4. copy the file elseware and enjoy
5. if you accidently open Qbittorent and its still has that torrent loaded you will need to repeat this process untill you either remove the torrent or copy the file elseware
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Interesting. Thank you onemoar for investingating this and finding the problem. The project surely needs more windows testers that can troubleshoot issues and discover the problem. Next release will include this fix from libtorrent.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
Next release will include this fix from libtorrent.
[/quote]

That would be great. I encountered this problem just once and hope it doesn't happen again, this is good news nevertheless :).
Last edited by Nemo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onemoar

Post by Onemoar »

looks like the issue is patched see here
http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topic=1645.15
John Peterson

Post by John Peterson »

## Mark as sparse needed before recheck with fixed version

> … is patched … [in qBittorrent-experimental-3.1.0alpha-release-3.0.0-316-g6fc8130.7z]

This message inform the user that

fsutil sparse setflag __

is required before rechecking (and completing) the file in the new version to avoid the log message

07/03/2013 21:29:45 - An I/O error occured, 'folder' paused.
07/03/2013 21:29:45 - Reason: folder file (file) error: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
Last edited by John Peterson on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.