Unbanning IP's you've previously banned?

Other platforms, generic questions.
Splat

Unbanning IP's you've previously banned?

Post by Splat »

While tinkering around with qB when I first installed it I banned around 50 IPs...... I'm curious if there is a way to unban them? Thanks.
christophe.dumez

Re: Unbanning IP's you've previously banned?

Post by christophe.dumez »

If it was banned automatically by qBittorrent (actually libtorrent), then it had good reasons. You have no control over it.
As a as I know, this ban only last during the current session. This means that they will get unbanned when restarting qBittorrent.
Splat

Post by Splat »

No, I manually banned them while checking out qB. Just tinkering around and wasn't thinking if I could un-ban them at the time.  Thanks Chris.
Splat

Post by Splat »

FWIW, I actually found the config file tonight while looking for something else. The banned IP's were all in the config file. Before I changed anything I went back into qB's options and changed some things. The config file was updated with the correct time & date stamps so I know that that was the proper config file for qB.  So then I opened the config file with a text editor and removed all the banned IP's from the config file. qB ran fine after this. I then went and changed back some of the settings I had initially changed for testing and the config file was updated. Everything is normal. So it appears the banned IP's are saved in the config file and not removed after a qB restart.
UART

Post by UART »

sory im late :(...
Linux:
/home/<yourLoginName>/.config/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf 
then look for:
IPFilter\BannedIPs=***.***.***.***,etc.
& delete.