Transfer from uTorrent

Other platforms, generic questions.
Pigman58

Transfer from uTorrent

Post by Pigman58 »

I'm a new boy here and completely "technically challenged" - switching on the laptop is as technical as I get!

I want to transfer from uTorrent to qtorrent, but like many others before me, wish to transfer all the torrent files I am seeding - I am not downloading any right now - and also tidy up both my .torrent files and the files themselves. Although the files are all being actively downloaded by others - 90% of my files have been accessed in the past 48 hours - they are not well seeded, being too often "hit and run" by others.

I am sure this question has been asked ad nauseam so apologies for that now, but can somebody give me a simple step by step guide please? Am I left with no alternative than to delete and start all over again? Any advice would be really appreciated please.
loki

Re: Transfer from uTorrent

Post by loki »

The best option is probably finish off your active torrents with utorrent, simultaneously starting your new torrents with qbit and eventually you get finished with all the utorrent ones you're fully transitioned to qbit.
However, if you do want to transfer your old torrents, keeping in mind you will lose your info on how much you've uploaded, how long you seeded, ratio... etc... these things can't transfer, as long as you store the data to the same location it just has to recheck so it knows it's all there to reseed.
ciaobaby

Re: Transfer from uTorrent

Post by ciaobaby »

File -> Import existing torrent, worked fine for me.

Just stop any downloading jobs in uTorrent so both clients are not trying to fetch and save pieces.

For seeding jobs it doesn't matter if both client are running simultaneously.