setting up RSS feeds with nox

Linux specific questions, problems.
seraph

setting up RSS feeds with nox

Post by seraph »

Hi all,

I've just set up my ubuntu server 12.04 box and have no display. This is my first time playing around with linux so please be patient with me if i ask stupid questions!

Basically on my windows machine i have set up utorrent to monitor some rss feeds and place completed downloads in folders based on a filter system.

I understand that the gui version of qbittorrent can do this, however i'm running nox since this is a headless server.

I'm aware that RSS control is not currently in the webui, nor may it ever be added (obviously i would love it if it was) - however is there a way to add RSS feed watching and associated download settings manually by editing some config file? i would have thought this must be possible somehow since the gtk and nox versions have the same back end...

Cheers in advance for any assistance.
Last edited by seraph on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
seraph

Re: setting up RSS feeds with nox

Post by seraph »

i guess i'm not using qbittorrent then...
Last edited by seraph on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

[quote="seraph"]
i guess i'm not using qbittorrent then...
[/quote]

Hi and welcome,

Don't expect help immediatly, if someone would know it (this topic is seen 26x at the moment) you would get an answer or help of any kind by now. Im not using Linux, if I was I would love to help you if I could. Also, just to let you know, the fact is that this section is less active compared to the Windows section so any help or advice can take time. And if you don't use it.. Well I personally don't care. Thats your choice, use whatever you want if you don't have the patience.
Last edited by Nemo on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seraph

Post by seraph »

I agree with you mate.  That's what I'm saying too. If this many people have seen this thread and nobody is able to help me then there clearly isn't enough support for qbittorrent on Linux for it to be a viable option for me.

I would have thought one of the Linux developers or admins would have been able to shed some light but I suppose I was wrong.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Although I haven't that part of the code, I am pretty sure that the nox version doesn't support rss feeds.
s4zando

Post by s4zando »

It would be nice if there was a greater degree of feature parity between NoX and X versions. RSS capabilities in the WebUI is just one of many, but was the main reason I initially installed qBit-NoX on my headless server, only to discover that it doesn't support RSS - arrrrgh.