Help newbie with file location question, please.

Windows specific questions, problems.
PesachBenSchlomo

Help newbie with file location question, please.

Post by PesachBenSchlomo »

The directories choices seem a little ambiguous to me. I would like torrents to start in, say: C:\fu\incomplete torrents\  , but I would like the completed torrents to end up on my NAS: \\NAS\fu\finished torrents\{label}\

How do I populate the "Save files to:" field and the "Keep incomplete torrents in:" fields to accomplish this?

Sorry if I'm asking for help with something that is glaringly obvious.

PbS
loki

Re: Help newbie with file location question, please.

Post by loki »

I thought NAS linking is not directly possible from qB, but if anyone else knows better respond to this...

But if you were, for example, using local storage it would be configured like this: enable Keep incomplete torrents in "C:\fu\incomplete torrents\" and Save files to location "C:\fu\finished torrents\" and enable append label of torrent to save path.
PesachBenSchlomo

Post by PesachBenSchlomo »

Thanks so much for your thoughtful reply. Your solution is what I imagined I should do, but I thought I might be wrong because i/o errors were causing pauses every 2 seconds.Now I realize the problem must be in trying to write to the NAS, not in my folder config. That's too bad, because I was thrilled to find qB now that uT is sneaking malware in with their updates. I would love to stop patronizing them once and for all.
jeps
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jeps »

[quote="loki"]
I thought NAS linking is not directly possible from qB, but if anyone else knows better respond to this...
[/quote]

Well, NAS linking as a "shared network drive" is working. I am doing it.
With "samba" enabled on the NAS and a folder shared, you just have to map it.
Why shouldn't that work?