Some questions.

Other platforms, generic questions.
CuriousTorrentor

Some questions.

Post by CuriousTorrentor »

I am considering switching over from Deluge to this client, but I have some questions after trying it out for a short bit.  I am on windows if that makes a difference.

Can qbittorrent be set to prioritize that first and last pieces of a file so that you can preview videos before they have fully finished downloading?  If so then how do you do so?

Can the UI be changed so the text isn't a gray?  The gray looks terrible and is hard on my eyes.  Is it possible to change the text to be black instead?

Can it be set up to stop torrents after a set amount of seed time?  I am not talking about stopping at a certain ratio, but after a certain period of time (like 2880 minutes)?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Some questions.

Post by Nemo »

Hi and welcome,

[quote="CuriousTorrentor"]
Can qbittorrent be set to prioritize that first and last pieces of a file so that you can preview videos before they have fully finished downloading?  If so then how do you do so?
[/quote]

Yes, right click the torrent and choose ''Download first and last piece first''.

Can the UI be changed so the text isn't a gray?  The gray looks terrible and is hard on my eyes.  Is it possible to change the text to be black instead?
[/quote]

No, I only know that when you are using a theme on Windows itself then qBittorrent can use that theme also.

Can it be set up to stop torrents after a set amount of seed time?  I am not talking about stopping at a certain ratio, but after a certain period of time (like 2880 minutes)?
[/quote]

No, only at certain ratio, not time based.

Correct me if im wrong somewhere guys :).
CuriousTorrentor

How hard would it be for the devs to change the gray text in the UI to black?  Would they just need to find an replace one hex color code with another?  I am not a programmer and have no idea so I am asking because I want to know how unlikely it is whether this will be changed or not.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Well of course we can change colors like that, but it's not a settings you can modify (that's what Nemo meant).
You could compile your own version with black colored text for example. (But for a global change, someone like Sledgehammer needs to make a decision and submit the modified code.)

Make a ticket on Github and see if he finds it rational.
CuriousTorrentor

Oh, I see.  I thought you admins were also devs.  Well anyway, thank you both for your time and answers.  I think I will just stick with Deluge. 
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

There are also admin devs on the forum, and they will stop by sooner or later.
But suit yourself. :)