qBittorrent setting problems on private tracker

Windows specific questions, problems.
Starshine

qBittorrent setting problems on private tracker

Post by Starshine »

I (want to) use a certain tracker for British. However, there seem to be a problem with configuring the back end of their tracker to accept qbittorrent as an allowed client.

It didn't work for versions 3.1.1 - 3.1.3.
But it worked for 3.1.0.
For the versions before that, 3.0.6 worked - before that, I don't know.

I was messaging a bit back and forth with a staff member who really wanted to help, but it didn't come to anything - essentially hit a brick wall.
I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work from our side, unless they have changed the peer ID which is unlikely. I haven't been able to find any evidence of that anywhere. The peer ID for qBit 3.0.6 (which does work) is -qB3060- so logically qBit 3.0.9 should be -qB3090-.

The whitelist is very simple, we just add the peer ID to a list and the system then identifies that ID as approved. I will do some digging and try some different formats, but other than that there is little I can do as the whitelist function is part of the original script and is heavily coded and can't be modified at all.

I did find this forum, and it may provide a work-around....reading down the thread I think it could be a setting in your OS that you need to change. Once you done that and have rebooted your client it should work. https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/322

The last paragraph refers to a fix that is for Linux though - assuming it works. I am on Win 8.1

I would be super helpful for any feedback that would allow me to use and seed to this fantastic site with qbittorrent!

Please can you help - anything else for them to try?
Last edited by Starshine on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.