Rules for labels

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
CommandoRazor

Rules for labels

Post by CommandoRazor »

I'd like to suggest a quite simple, but new feature of setting "rules" for labels

For example, when I'm downloading a video or a song, I'll always want to download it in sequential order, right? the labels should be able to automatically set this for all labeled torrents, but when I'm downloading binaries, images or other stuff, it doesn't really matter whether you download it sequentially or not, because it will only work when it's fully downloaded.

That's my suggestion, thanks for reading

PS: When I created my account it asked me what year is it, I wrote in "2014" but it's still "2013" according to it  :P
also when I tried to post this
CommandoRazor

Re: Rules for labels

Post by CommandoRazor »

I just read the stickied thread, sorry.

If anyone'd be kind enough to put this up on the github page, please do so because I don't have an account there
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

I'll always want to download it in sequential order, right?
Wrong.

"Download sequential" refers to 'Pieces' not files, and sequential downloading of pieces is a fairly inefficient  way of downloading for the BitTorrent protocol that is more likely to decrease the download rate, especially on jobs that have a very low seed count.
CommandoRazor

Post by CommandoRazor »

ciaobaby wrote:
I'll always want to download it in sequential order, right?
Wrong.

"Download sequential" refers to 'Pieces' not files, and sequential downloading of pieces is a fairly inefficient  way of downloading for the BitTorrent protocol that is more likely to decrease the download rate, especially on jobs that have a very low seed count.
That's what I meant, and I am aware that it slows down the download, but most of the time, those kinds of files have a lot of seeds so yeah, also it lets you previsualize the file, which is pretty important imo