Web Interface Development

Other platforms, generic questions.
klischee

Web Interface Development

Post by klischee »

Hi!

Just for curiousity: What's up with the Web Interface? I am with qBittorrent for some months now, and I am impressed by the fast development, bug fixing and work of Christophe & his team - but the Web Interface stands still. A lot of features like labels, switching the speed modes, the overview of peers, some columns, torrent creation, search & rss, ... and more are missing.

I don't want to stress, that's all no very important features for the webui (add and delete torrents is the only really important thing :D), so I am just interested if you're web interface developer is on vacation or what you're priority or roadmap for the feature is :)
christophe.dumez

Re: Web Interface Development

Post by christophe.dumez »

Well, I am *still* the only developer so it goes as fast as can be expected, especially considering that I have to go to work everyday. If people are interested to join the "team" and help improve the Web UI, they are welcome.
klischee

Post by klischee »

Oh, wow, what a fast reply. All frenchmen at home because you have no petrol? :mrgreen:

Okay, I thought there were different developers :) Respect you're the only one! So, as I said, the Web UI is not as important as bug fixing or the main client as I think more people are using the client. Hopefully you'll get addition to the 'team' soon ^^
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

> Oh, wow, what a fast reply. All frenchmen at home because you have no petrol? :mrgreen:
I'm at work and I work in Finland (although I am French).

I would hope that more people get involved in qBittorrent development but the truth is that very little people have the motivation to put their hand in the code.
The Web UI is mostly Web development though (HTML, CSS, Ajax with Mootools), it is not that hard. I just prefer "real" development :P
klischee

Post by klischee »

Yeah, that's sad! I am also such a dirty leecher without coding knowledges :(

Possibly there are too much open source torrent client projects out there (deluge, ktorrent & halite devs should quit their and join your project :D). But as long as you stay that active you already do the work of 3 men, so whatever :mrgreen:
kidmar

Post by kidmar »

Hi.
I know this is an old topic but it looks like the right place to write.
I would like to be able to set Labels from the WebUI.
I mostly use the WebUI to control torrents and I need labels to move completed files to subfolders.
This feature will make me abandon uTorrent.

I'm not a web programmer but I could try to implement something.
I just don't know where WebUI files are and if APIs are documented.