Qbitorrent 4.4.2 keeps crashing

Windows specific questions, problems.
deldena17

Qbitorrent 4.4.2 keeps crashing

Post by deldena17 »

Does anyone know why this is happening/ I always found it so dependable. Is there a fix?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Qbitorrent 4.4.2 keeps crashing

Post by Peter »

well 4.3.9 is most stable, as far as I know you can upgrade (but always make a backup to be safe)

why does it crash?
its' hard to tell from just this info. we'd need like all your PC specs, when it crashes, how it crashes, etc. even then, there are so many variables its super hard to remotely tell what might be causing the crash.
YourMom

Post by YourMom »

Same, i just went back to 4.4.1 everything is so much better. Just goes to not responding when downloading, tried throttling my speeds and lowering my queue. get like 3 downloads going forget it, can't add after that it just keeps freezing. display freezes but i'm pretty sure downloads are still downloading in the background.

Pretty simple troubleshooting whatever you did from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2 something is messed up.
bmn

Post by bmn »

I'm having same problems. I open the torrent file. Click Ok. Then it just hangs and doesn't respond. Reverting back to 4.4.1 and it works fine with same torrent file.
MattBode

Post by MattBode »

It may be best to revert back to qBittorrent 4.4.1, as it has been working on my Windows 10 PC without any issues. See if you are having the same issue with this version as well. In case you have the same problem in this version as well, then you should execute this DISM and SFC Scans command using CMD from the 5th Solution of this article. Hopefully, you will not face any issues after that.