Additional subdirectories against collisions

Windows specific questions, problems.
yollund

Additional subdirectories against collisions

Post by yollund »

Hello,

is it possible to put downloads in a subdirectory whose name is based on e.g. a part of the hash?

I have the problem that I load torrents with the same name and file name, but their content is not the same. Thus, there are collisions that corrupt the data.

Thank you.
yollund

Re: Additional subdirectories against collisions

Post by yollund »

How can I make parameters like %I work?
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Post by unseen19 »

Hi,

Not directly but you can add the second torrent in paused state then proceed with a force recheck. Assuming the files/folders are partly the same, the recheck will check them as OK but will not complete. Unpause now the torrent and additional files will be downloaded.

You may have to change the folder structure to match both torrent tree of course but this is feasible. Be aware ALL CHANGE in folder structure or name need to be done INSIDE QBT, not in Windows explorer or similar

Let me take and "random" example:
torrent 1: movie.mkv
torrent 2: movie\movie.mkv
movie.nfo

#situation1
Torrent 1 was d/l, you add torrent 2: Change the content of the torrent1 to match the folder structure, only movie.nfo will be downloaded at unpause

#situation2
The other way around, simply change the location of torrent 1 to \movie and done.
yollund

Post by yollund »

I can change the location of a torrent inside qBt, yes. But I always have to do it manually. However, I would like to have an automatic solution.