Split Torrents into Sub-Torrents + Torrent to Router/USB ONLY

Windows specific questions, problems.
FloodTheWaves

Split Torrents into Sub-Torrents + Torrent to Router/USB ONLY

Post by FloodTheWaves »

Hello

Say I want to download a Torrent that contains 10 files - say 10x episodes of a TV Show etc.

All 10x episodes are listed as separate files within the the torrent; but I want to find a way to split it up into 10x separate torrents instead - one file/episode each?

How can I do this?

BTW this is for Windows 11 Pro - 64 bit

Is there an easy way to do this without software, and if I do need to use software - what do you recommend (both free and paid - and please mention which it is?)

I have two reasons for wanting to do this:

1)

I like big HQ torrents that can take a while to get all of the files.

However, I try to download them in order - so sometimes I start watching the ones that are already finished while the rest keep downloading.

The only way I can do this easily right now; is to go to the Incomplete folder and copy the completed ones and paste them elsewhere as temp duplicates to play them now.

If I don't do this and just 're/move' the actual file from the Incomplete torrent... Qbittorent seems to complain about that. I'm not sure if it's a real problem or not though? (maybe you can explain?).

I'd prefer to remove the complete files once they are done to keep them separate as I feel it might be safer re virus/malware etc.

2)

The other reason is totally different...

I can plug a USB drive directly into my Router and using the built in software I can download torrents directly to the Router/USB drive; even with the PC off.

I'll have my NordVPN permanently applied via the Router too.

If this works well - I plan to let it run 24/7 to save my PC's power/wear and tear.

It's an ASUS RT-AC68U and the software is a tiny section that's part of the Router settings/Dashboard which you access via the Browser (there is also a GUI for it too but it's just as bad).

The mini software is called Download Master.

The problem is that the software is so crude and massively limited and I don't think it lets you even see if individual files are completed etc.

So that's why I figure it'd make more sense to split multi-file Torrents into Individual torrents instead.

That way I can still play and/or re/move the files that are already downloaded without having to wait for "everything" to be completed!

So I'm hoping you might have a solution so I can fix both issues 1) and 2) ?

BTW is there anyway to run Qbittorent directly off the Router/USB so I don't have to use the super limited torrent software that's built in?

Similarly - is there any other software I can use to achieve this with the Router/USB only that might be better or worth looking at too.

Please note though - that I must be able to run the VPN off the Router directly or off the software on the Router/USB somehow if that's a possibility)?

Thank you for your help.
FloodTheWaves

Re: Split Torrents into Sub-Torrents + Torrent to Router/USB ONLY

Post by FloodTheWaves »

anyone?