Some Magnet Links Stall At First

Windows specific questions, problems.
AllenCohn

Some Magnet Links Stall At First

Post by AllenCohn »

Hello!

New user here. I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched, but couldn't find it.

Using qBittorrent v4.4.3.1 64 bit for Windows. Using Windows 10.

Sometimes when I click on a web page magnet link the item shows up in the qBittorrent status window but just never starts. But if I pause and resume it, the transfer begins immediately.

Thoughts?

Many thanks,
Allen
DragonCayenne

Re: Some Magnet Links Stall At First

Post by DragonCayenne »

I'm a newbie to qBittorrent as well although I have used other clients quite a bit but decided to try qB. I'm using the same version of qB on Win10 64 bit. I also use a vpn (connected to USA). My torrent files usually go directly to "stalled," and will stay that way forever. Very few files have fully downloaded.
I just tried your suggestion of pausing and then resuming the download. After Force Resume, my stalled ones then change status to Downloading, but
0 B/s down speed and same for Up speed.
I do not understand what the problem is and would greatly appreciate assistance!
PriitUring

Post by PriitUring »

Can you reproduce with newest qBittorrent v4.4.5 & v4.5.0beta1?
AllenCohn

Post by AllenCohn »

I haven't noticed it lately. I will post if it happens again. I have 4.4.5. I don't have the beta.

Allen
VegasMike

Post by VegasMike »

Same problem, kinda. Been using Bitorrent forever and "upgraded" to qBittorent v4.4.5. Day 1: everything downloaded and did it fast. Day 2 and ever since: everything Stalls. HP Spectre 13, Win11, NordVPN, Malwarebytes. I can hit the magnet link on a torrent and it no longer finds a Seeker, just sits there blank. I started downloading something several days ago and it got to 5.2% before I quit for the night and for two days now just says Stalled. I tried several things, including the Forced Start and Forced Recheck, but nothing. Seems like this might be a common problem, so hopefully there is a solution somewhere. HELP!!
AllenCohn

Post by AllenCohn »

It just happened again this morning.

Allen
AllenCohn

Post by AllenCohn »

Still happening...

Allen
Skram

Post by Skram »

I just "upgraded" to 4.5.0 and now I'm getting this crap. There's about a 13 second pause once I click the Download button. Just sits there, for 13 seconds, then finally displays the files. Almost every magnetic link.

So what's been happening to qBittorrent lately? Seems there always a major bug in every release. Either IO errors, or now this. I think I was using 4.4.5 previously, so I'll probably upgrade down to that again.