qBittorrent stuck at checking metadata, 0 upload and donload speed.

Windows specific questions, problems.
IAmADoctor

qBittorrent stuck at checking metadata, 0 upload and donload speed.

Post by IAmADoctor »

Essentially what the title says. I am new to torrenting but had it up and running yesterday.... I use nordvpn and was getting magnet links off the pirate bay but instead of confirming the files I want to download, it stays at "Downloading metadata". If I hit ok it proceeds but still says Downloading Metadata. I tried using actual torrent files, with the downloads being locked at 0%. Also, at the bottom it says upload and download speed, and both mine are always at 0 b/second. I've tried changing the location on my vpn, restarting, reverting to an older version, uninstalling, reinstalling, making sure the firewall is not blocking it ect, but have had no success. I am very frustrated as it was working fine less tan 48 hours ago, and seemingly nothing changed. Just to make absolute sure it wasn't an issue with a low number of seeders, I attempted to load a magnet link with 400+ seeders, to no avail. Please forgive my lack of understanding, was hoping someone here might know what to do.

-Doctor
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: qBittorrent stuck at checking metadata, 0 upload and donload speed.

Post by unseen19 »

Hi,

with the VPN activated, is the setting of QBT configured to use the right network card? Usually a NIC named TUNxxx
To check in QBT>preferences