Question on Stalled status

Windows specific questions, problems.
steveislost

Question on Stalled status

Post by steveislost »

I had a desktop computer, now dead, that I used to seed. I removed the hard drive from it and slaved it via USB to a laptop. I copied the files to the laptop and installed qBittorrent V4.4.3.1. Most of the copied torrents came over without an issue but the the largest one stalls during the checking process. It gets to 72.4% and quits. I have used force recheck three times and it quits at the same point - 72.4%. The OS is Win10. I have isolated the computer from the internet so that it does not attempt to download the data nor is it running any other automatic "helper" program. I moved ten torrents in total and nine run through the checking process and seed. The tenth and largest torrent, 303GiB, is the one I have an issue. Is there something I can do to force the process to start and complete? I would hate having to back to another program.
steveislost

Re: Question on Stalled status

Post by steveislost »

I think I know what is happening. Apparently during the checking stage a copy of the original torrent is made in the temp folder and the PC may be running out of space. I am removing all of the other torrents and will start the process with this one torrent. I am testing my theory.
steveislost

Re: Question on Stalled status

Post by steveislost »

I do believe my assumption correct. Besides removing most of the files from my laptop that will now support seeding and starting with the largest torrent first, I also eliminated the "Use another path for incomplete torrents". I believe that this forced qBittorrent to stay in a single folder and not make copies of complete torrents that it is checking.

So, I think my original question is answered.