Intrusion attempt while using search feature?

Windows specific questions, problems.
kjs1

Intrusion attempt while using search feature?

Post by kjs1 »

Kinda new to this torrent thing and also have limited computer knowledge.

Installed qBittorrent, added search plugins in the app. Tried searching for a title using the interface, and my Norton popped up saying an intrusion attempt from a server at www.torlock.ice was blocked due to known attack signature. I checked back in the Norton logs and noticed entries like "firewall rules updated", "you allowed Python to access your network resources" followed by "an intrusion attempt by www.torlock.icu was blocked" all with the same time stamp, so it seems to all have happened at once and was probably related.

Are these entries in the firewall normal (for the search feature to function), or is it a sign that my computer was compromised? Are there security risks using these plugins (or this torrent app for that matter) such as malicious attacks and viruses? Not sure if this Python accessing resources type-stuff is bad or if it's supposed to do that. Can someone shed some light on this and let me know if I need to worry about viruses or malware? Or what is actually going on?

Thanks!!!!