Unable to convert files

Windows specific questions, problems.
rollinglog

Unable to convert files

Post by rollinglog »

Until just recently I have been able to convert MKV files into a more friendly format, MP4, using Wonderfox HD video converter factory pro. Everytime I try now I get get a box up reading "Cannot do convert, Error: C:\Users\richa\Videos\WonderFox Soft\HD Video Converter Factory Pro\OutputVideo\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXS10E01.720p.WEB.h264-KOGi[eztv.re].mp4: Permission denied"

Files downloaded a couple of weeks ago continue to convert fine, only the new ones are a problem. Am I missing something or doing it incorrectly.? Any advice appreciated.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unable to convert files

Post by Peter »

Hmm, interesting.
One thing by the way.
MP4 and MKV are both just containers. Think of it like boxes. They just contain the video data, the audio data (can be multiple) and subtitles (can be multiple). You can check what they are actually with a program like MediaInfo: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

You can also try using Handbrake and StaxRip - both are free and cost nothing to do this "conversion". Of course, you can also convert your files into other codec, such as h264. But nowadays, everything uses h264, so maybe you want XviD? That's what old DVD players used and whatnot. It was the first widely used compressed video compression pretty much.