Updated to the latest version 4.5.0 and am stuck at loading torrents

Windows specific questions, problems.
scarletdevil25

Updated to the latest version 4.5.0 and am stuck at loading torrents

Post by scarletdevil25 »

Upon updating to v4.5.0 qBittorrent becomes stuck at 29% of loading torrents

looking at the logs folder I can't find any logs with today's time stamp so I'm at a loss as to what's wrong

for now I've downgraded to v4.4.5
AcidAlchamy

Re: Updated to the latest version 4.5.0 and am stuck at loading torrents

Post by AcidAlchamy »

Can confirm on Win 10 Pro, updated to 4.5.0 and was prompted by a "Loading torrents..." box that went to 92%, i waited 10 minutes; didnt change. Exited, Reopened. 94%, cool...waited 5 min......no change, closed, reopened 92% again. waited 10 min, no change; closed and reopened, 52% lol.

will also have to downgrade as qbittorrent is now inusable while at 4.5.0
MiChAeLoKGB

Post by MiChAeLoKGB »

Hello,

I had the same problem with 4.5.0. I just saw that 4.5.1 was released, so I tried it, but sadly it has exactly the same problem :-\
I am not sure if it's caused byt one specific torrent in particular or not, I might try removing them all in 4.4.5 and adding them one by one in 4.5.1.

One thing that could be the issue is that I download files to local PC and a network NAS, so maybe it can't handle a network (local network path using a name, not an IP address) device?

Edit: I just noticed viewtopic.php?t=3505 I will check GitHub when I get home.
rorymac03

Post by rorymac03 »

Hey guys,

FYI, was having the same issue and was able to resolve.

1. Downgrade to 4.4.5
2. Go to Tools > Options > Advanced, change "Resume Data Storage Type (requires restart)" to "SQLite Database (experimental)"
3. Close and Re-Open
4. Install 4.5.1 and open, it should work now

Good luck!

-rorymac03
MiChAeLoKGB

Post by MiChAeLoKGB »

Hi,

I just tried it, had to do the switch to SQLite, then back, and then again to SQLite, because the first switch caused all my completed torrents (that I still wanted to seed) to disappear.
But after second switch to SQLite they appeared, and after update to 4.5.1 everything works fine.

Thanks.