Moving torrents from Windows 4.5 to Linux 4.5

Linux specific questions, problems.
Playback7286

Moving torrents from Windows 4.5 to Linux 4.5

Post by Playback7286 »

Hi everyone,

I have moved my torrents from a Windows qbit 4.5 install to a Linux (Unraid/Docker) 4.5 install, and am having problems getting the torrents back up.

The torrent files themselves have been moved, as well as the .torrent and fastresume files under BT_backup. I also moved the qBittorrent-data.ini content to qBittorrent-data.conf to maintain my global statistics (which works).

In the new qbit client, I can see all my torrents, under proper categories and save location, but they all show as 0% done, status paused (the added on date and uploaded seem to show the correct info from the what it was in the Windows qbit). If I try to force recheck the torrents, nothing happens. If I force resume one, it just re-downloads the whole thing.

I have checked and even from within the docker container under a terminal, I can see the torrent files and they appear to be correct, and have the correct permissions. I even checked on one torrent that I had done a re-download, and the file is identical (same location, same name, same size, same permissions), so as best as I can tell, the physical files themselves are not at issue.

However I did notice that in that example, the fastresume file was fairly different.

Has anyone made this transition before or can offer any assistance? Thanks!
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Moving torrents from Windows 4.5 to Linux 4.5

Post by unseen19 »

A new torrent on the new setup works? To avoid permission issue, or anything related.
When a force-recheck does not start it's most of time due to file not found/no access.

The last time I did such I didn't move configuration files between platforms but used the autoadd feature. Of course if you still have the .torrent file.
I dropped all of them in the configured autoadd folder, they were added to QBT interface and did some location change to make it right. It can be a lot of work (it was for me), but worked :)