qbittorrent-nox SSL certificates problem

Linux specific questions, problems.
pir4te

qbittorrent-nox SSL certificates problem

Post by pir4te »

Hello,

I run a qbittorrent-nox in a local server.
Everything worked fine, but suddenly I can no longer access the HTTPS WebUI.
I tried reissue the certificates and reinstall qbittorrent, also reset config file.
But I can't get it to work, I get always the same error: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR.

Does someone have a hint?

Thanks
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qbittorrent-nox SSL certificates problem

Post by Peter »

Kinda off-topic, but if its local, and only you are using it, there is no need for SSL.

Even if it's remote, there is no real need for SSL. SSL prevents password stealing for example, if you are on the same wifi network as the attacker. But in 2022, I doubt anyone is even bothering with it, because every service is using SSL now. So the chance of you catching anything useful is... 0. So attackers are not really bothering anymore. It was a thing back when Facebook was not using SSL and you could steal people's password easy. (And back then, there was no 2-step auth either.)

But, please, never use public wifi. If you must use a shared network, just use a VPN, like Mullvad, Windscribe.

Ps.: Just for fun/test, I was trying to snoop on our shared wifi/network like 10 years ago, and I could not extract anything useful. Even though there was all sorts of people on the network doing all sorts of things. Even back then, it was pointless to try.