seeding speed

Other platforms, generic questions.
DoctorDick

seeding speed

Post by DoctorDick »

A bit of background:

I've been on slow, substandard internet connections since the internet was born. Recently, genuine high speed internet has been pushed out into the hinterlands. I now have a 100 MB symmetrical connection.

In years past, I've taken measures to limit my upload speeds, to prevent torrenting from interfering with other activities. Suddenly, I find that my actual upload speeds are lower than I want to see.

At present, I have 128 torrents seeding, with 30 of them active, and upload speed varies from ~1.5 to a maximum of ~10 MiB/s. I would like to see that max increased to ~25 MiB/s.

Generally, I'll see one or two torrents at speeds over 1 MiB/s, sometimes as high as ~6 MiB/s. Other active torrents generally show speeds in KiB/s, and the individual torrents move up and down the list sorted by upload speed.

Download and upload speeds are set to infinity, or, unlimited. Still, I never see upload speeds above 10 MiB/s.

Is there any way to convince aBittorrent to use 25% of my actual upload bandwidth?

For that matter, when I download, I don't see speeds over 10 MiB/s, but I don't really care about that. That is more than sufficient to watch a movie that is actively downloading, which is fast enough for my needs. It's the seeding that I'm interested in here.

Over a six month period, I've done a lot of internet searches, hoping to increase upload speeds, but have found no guides that work.
DoctorDick

Re: seeding speed

Post by DoctorDick »

A possibility has crossed my mind: Perhaps my VPN has imposed a throttle? We all know that ISPs are prone to throttling P2P traffic. I suppose that Private Internet Access might throttle P2P.

Any ideas from anyone at all?