Making qBittorrent into a no GUI executable (don't need CLI / WebUI either)?

Windows specific questions, problems.
user000

Making qBittorrent into a no GUI executable (don't need CLI / WebUI either)?

Post by user000 »

Someone who knows the codebase, could you please tell me how hard would it be to remove GUI starting code from the Windows qBittorrent source? I think I'm going to try, but I'd like to know whether GUI code is too interconnected somehow with everything else, making it too non-trivial for a quick edit.
I just need a second executable that doesn't load the GUI on Windows, don't even need any kind of access or control (other than the CMD arguments) - when I need to change something I'll just edit the profile with the original GUI executable.
Oh yeah, forgot to add the reason for doing this - I want to reduce idle CPU and RAM use as much as possible.
Things I've already tried: using Process Hacker to decrease qBittorrent process' IO and CPU priorities; reading through the advanced settings and the libtorrent explainer, then tweaking all the relevant settings to reduce load; trying the latest and the previous version, and the different qt and libtorrent versions of both - my choice is qt5 (less load) and libtorrent 2 (supports RAM limits, not much of a load difference).