Fix/repair 'Missing Files' & Seed Status

Windows specific questions, problems.
dec

Fix/repair 'Missing Files' & Seed Status

Post by dec »

some time ago, i thought i would tidy up my Qbit screen and i think i deleted listing in the Downloaded or similar folder

that seems to have the unintendedd effect that none of my7 downloads can 'seed; now. additionall ther all now seem to be listed as 'missing files' and no downloads

pls see attached screenshot

how do i repair/fix this?

kind regards
Attachments
30-12-2022 10-00-09.png
30-12-2022 10-00-09.png (73.24 KiB) Viewed 8117 times
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Fix/repair 'Missing Files' & Seed Status

Post by unseen19 »

You need to point back the torrent to the file and its location on your drive. The torrent know metadata of the media files as its location, the sacond part is here in fault.

Considering you still have the media files (if not you cannot fix)
Pause all torrents
change the location to the right folder
Start a "force recheck"
Once the status is "completed" you can resume them. Any other status will lead to a new download, reason of the pause at start
dec

Post by dec »

many thanks for that.

ps i didn't get a Notification so i will have to check that. and i see no way to give you a 'thumbs up' or similar :-(
dec

Post by dec »

PS does that mean that you can't really have the torrents saved separately with the mp3 and srt files; but really have to have in a consolidated single directory
dec

Post by dec »

Update
it actually had the correct file location.
i did a Forced Recheck; and now the problem is that it appears to downloading them all again!
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Post by unseen19 »

dec wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:33 pm PS does that mean that you can't really have the torrents saved separately with the mp3 and srt files; but really have to have in a consolidated single directory
the .torrent is loaded in QBT, no need to have anywhere else. If you click on the torrent you have the details, and the patch to all embedded files. The file structure inside the torrent should be reflected by the media file structure on your drive (be the same then). In shot inside QBT files details have to match the file tree on your disk (structure and location)
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Post by unseen19 »

dec wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:41 pm Update
it actually had the correct file location.
i did a Forced Recheck; and now the problem is that it appears to downloading them all again!
di you put all file in paused state as instructed first?
This is only possible if the file recheck result was something else than "completed", pointing to any failed state. the reason is folder/files strucre or name, or wrong file hash (not the same content as the .torrent should contains).

A .torrent is a hash of all contained folder/files so the file tree, name, and file content should match exactly the .torrent loaded