SOLVED - Default Save location stuck

Windows specific questions, problems.
qsoe

SOLVED - Default Save location stuck

Post by qsoe »

I installed a new Windows, so I saved the qBittorrent.ini from *AppData\Roaming\qBittorrent\. The landscape also changed, the drive letters are different. After reinstall, I changed the Default Save path, Watch Folder, and so on. Everything is working fine, except the Default Save folder is stuck in the old value.

I even tried replacing the old values directly in the qBittorrent.ini, but it does not help. No matter what I change the Default Save path to, new qBittorrent tries to save things to the old location, (and fails, because it does not exist).

How can I fix this?

------------------------
I have found the answer, watched_folders.json somehow was not updated when I changed the settings in the program. When I changed the values inside the file manually, everything got working again.
Last edited by qsoe on Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ItWasSooted

Re: Default Save location stuck

Post by ItWasSooted »

Are you typing it in or using the browse function?
qsoe

Post by qsoe »

I tried both
NoOneSpecial

Post by NoOneSpecial »

When you click on the "magnet" link to download a torrent a window will pop open, when that window pops open, look on the top left where it says "Save at" there you will see the save path and if you click the tiny down arrow it will show past save locations (if any) and you can pick from past locations or type in the location your wanting to save it at. This window remembers the last save location. Also another thing you can do is when you add a torrent don't click to start it yet, then when its loaded you can right click on the torrent and click on "set file location" and browse to the folder location you want to save to.
qsoe

Post by qsoe »

I realize I should have been clearer.

I can change the Save Location manually, but when I synchronize a .torrent file to the Watch Folder, it start automatically. However, it stops, because the default Save Location is wrong. It is not really automatic, if I have to set the right location manually every time.
Also, the wrong location does not show up in "past locations", probably because I have overwritten that too in the ini file.
qsoe

Post by qsoe »

I have found the answer, watched_folders.json somehow was not updated when I changed the settings in the program. When I changed the values inside the file manually, everything got working again.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

qsoe wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:19 pm I have found the answer, watched_folders.json somehow was not updated when I changed the settings in the program. When I changed the values inside the file manually, everything got working again.
Thank you for actually getting back with a "resolution". You are the hero people need when they'll search for this. Thank you.