Clean install, no torrents, outbound call

Windows specific questions, problems.
dazedandconfused

Clean install, no torrents, outbound call

Post by dazedandconfused »

This is a new install, no torrents loaded, but I still get an RTP detection to 117.241.191.111 after starting qBit

Is that a developer's address or something to let the main site there has been another install?

The install file was from the main site.

And as I'm writing this it's trying to access 213.136.79.7 and 113.87.201.117 all in very short time.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Clean install, no torrents, outbound call

Post by Peter »

Did you disable DHT/PeX and other features too? Those also make connections, without any torrents added.

The program only checks for updates, and even that does not go to our server.
It checks on Fosshub, see relevant code:

Code: Select all

const auto RSS_URL = u"https://www.fosshub.com/feed/5b8793a7f9ee5a5c3e97a3b2.xml"_qs;
    // Don't change this User-Agent. In case our updater goes haywire,
    // the filehost can identify it and contact us.
    Net::DownloadManager::instance()->download(
            Net::DownloadRequest(RSS_URL).userAgent(QStringLiteral("qBittorrent/" QBT_VERSION_2 " ProgramUpdater (www.qbittorrent.org)"))
            , Preferences::instance()->useProxyForGeneralPurposes(), this, &ProgramUpdater::rssDownloadFinished);
Ps.: All malware/anti-virus software in 2023 are just snake-oil and upsell. Since Microsoft stepped up since Windows 8-10 and Defender, the other vendors just became scammers. Malware Bytes was good too. 10 years ago, back in the days of Vista, 7, and so on, when they only had a "run once" program.
dazedandconfused

Re: Clean install, no torrents, outbound call

Post by dazedandconfused »

Did you disable DHT/PeX and other features too?
Yes

hybrid-analysis shows it contacts 130 hosts.

They may be torrent indexers I guess.