Stalled status

Windows specific questions, problems.
Xun

Stalled status

Post by Xun »

Hi guys, I've been using torrents for more than 15 years without any problem, but for the last 3 days, I can't download anything.

Without having touched any option or changed anything, no torrent wants to download and it directly displays a "stalled" status when I add it.

I tried everything: change torrent client, change DNS, change network provider, change tracker, use VPN, force recheck, I've space on SSD's, etc.
I've used all the options available on the net and still nothing, so I'm addressing you in the hope of being able to help me, thank you. :))
comet52

Re: Stalled status

Post by comet52 »

I have the same issue. Was downloading ok yesterday then everything stopped. Didn't change anything. I am running VPN, tried changing servers, restarting. The lower window on my screen that would normally list seeds/peers, etc is blank on every download also. I don't know where to begin troubleshooting this.
comet52

Post by comet52 »

Update - I updated to 4.5.2, was on slightly older ver but no change. I tried the steps below from an old forum post. It changed slightly - now it briefly loads trackers when you launch, for like half a second, and updates seeds/peers, but then it is back to everything stalled, the tracker window is blank.

1- Close QBT, check Task Manager -> Processes tab -> Apps, to make sure it is not running. Right-click the QBT .exe, run as Administrator
2- In QBT Tools menu -> Options -> Connection -> Listening Port -> uncheck "Use UPnP / NAT -PMP fort forwarding from my router." Click "Random" next to the Port ID Number. Apply.
3- Tools menu -> Options -> Connection -> Connection Limits -> Check "Global maximum number of connections" set to 1000. Check "Maxumum Number of connections per torrent" set to 500. Apply
4- Tools menu -> Options -> Connection -> Proxy Server, double-check your settings here are correct and that you have the correct info for your VPN entered. Apply
5- Tools menu -> Options -> Speed -> global rate limit -> download, set to infinite. Apply
6- Right click windows icon (win 10) select system -> see details in windows securty -> Firewall and Network -> Allow an App through firewall -> find "qbittorrent" and "qbittorrent - A bittorrent Clilent" in the list. (admin) Change settings -> check boxes for Private and Puiblic on both. (also do this with whatever 3rd party Antivirus/anti-malware/firewalls you are running.)
20a

Post by 20a »

I dont want to open other topic. I have USB SSD Samsung T7 2TB disk. I am trying to download 1,5 TB file. at the beginning it goes full speed. but after a while it ends up at status stalled. any idea why? when i download like 5GB file no problem. this one is really huge 1,5TB. and i dont have space on my pc so I use USB disk. any idea what the problem may be? I suspect that disk is the problem so if someone can advise what to do it would be appreciated.
20a

Post by 20a »

this s clearly issue of osx ventura and qbittorent. when i run this on windows and hdd is formatted ntfs and using bittorent client alll is working perfectly.
DinkOiter

Post by DinkOiter »

Same issue here, does anyone have a solution yet? Was all dandy until poof, 3/4 my torrent were stalled (and yes they have plenty o'seeds)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

There's another recent post about VPN's not working any longer. Take a look there if you're using VPN.