Rebuilt laptop - little or no upload speed

Windows specific questions, problems.
elfoz

Rebuilt laptop - little or no upload speed

Post by elfoz »

Hi,

My Windows 10 Lenovo laptop died a few weeks ago under guarantee. I sent it off for repair and it came back with a new Windows 10 installation. I've been slowly getting it configured again and am stuck with qBittorrent because although I can download quickly (well over 1MB/s) my upload is either a few KB/s or, much more frequently, 0. The peers column shows some connections. Before the rebuild I consistently got high download AND upload speeds.

I'm using PrivateVPN and am connecting to one of the Dedicated IP options that I used before the rebuild.
The connection type in PrivateVPN says "OpenVPN (TUN+UDP+1194)(Default)". For "Port forwarding" is says "ALL".

However, when I turn off the VPN, I get the same behaviour even after restarting qBittorrent.
I tried turning off Windows Firewall temporarily but got the same behaviour.

I used to see this behaviour when I was using CyberGhost VPN. That's why I switched to PrivateVPN.

In qBittorrent I currently have the incoming port set to 60048, having clicked random.
When I check canyouseeme.org I get:
"Error: I could not see your service on [ip replaced] on port (60048)
Reason: Connection timed out"
where my VPN IP address is in place of [ip replaced] of course.
I would conclude from this that I need to set something up on my Livebox router. BUT! That can't be the case because until the laptop rebuild everything worked beautifully for at least two years with the same VPN software and same router.

So I'm trying to figure out (remember) what settings I need in qBittorrent (and cursing myself for not taking screenshots when I got it working last time).
Things I've tried:
- TCP only protocol instead of TCP and uTP
- allow encryption and require encryption modes
- different port numbers
- removing and re-adding the windows firewall inbound rules
- different Network Interface choices
- repaired the TAP adapter in PrivateVPN
- rebooting!
- insulting the laptop

qBittorrent v4.5.2
Libtorrent 1.2.18.0
I'll upload a bunch of screenshots in a zip with settings and status values visible.

I'm really sorry to post what seems to be such a typical question, but I really don't know what I'm doing here - only that it used to work, and now with a fresh install of Windows, PrivateVPN and qBittorrent it doesn't.

I don't want to be a leech. These aren't torrents with thousands of seeds - it should definitely be seeding something.

Ah yes, no third party firewall installed, just Windows Defender.

Thanks in advance.
Nick
Attachments
firewall rules; the columns off screen all say Any
firewall rules; the columns off screen all say Any
wf.PNG (27.68 KiB) Viewed 277 times
q.zip
screenshots
(354.9 KiB) Downloaded 64 times