Persistence of the total download/upload transfer amount

Windows specific questions, problems.
userix

Persistence of the total download/upload transfer amount

Post by userix »

Is there a way to have qbittorrent remember the total transfer amount (upload and download) that is shown on the bottom right to persist? I would like it to operate more like a trip meter in a car, where I can reset the total amount transferred manually, rather than having it reset everytime I close and open the app.
OneOfMany07

Re: Persistence of the total download/upload transfer amount

Post by OneOfMany07 »

I don't know of an existing way to do that, but the information appears to be in the program. To view it select the View->Statistics menu entry to see a dialog box come up. I'm no expert though, and only glanced through the program for a minute or two.
therealone1111

Post by therealone1111 »

I have virtually the same exact setup as my old pc but after installing QBittorent on the new one and checking all the settings, if/when my connection ever disconnects it is setup to exit QBittorent automatically just as my old PC, however on the new one FOR SOME REASON, it continues to refuse to remember the torrents' download status! unbelievable. literally nothing has been changed in the setup. both PC's use decent SSD drives. both are installed and setup exactly the same and yet on the new one there is this issue. tried reinstalling everything, checking the settings.. but if QBittorent gets closed while downloading on the new one and I re-open it, it keeps displaying that is starting each torrent all over from the beginning! even if it was 90% completed in reality and it's not automatically picking up where it left off on the new one. it always did a great job of this on my old one and both machines are setup nearly identical! lol it's the weirdest damn thing. so I don't know if this would qualify as a bug as on my old machine it works flawlessly and remembers where it last left off. this one? nope. refuses. keeps trying to start each and every torrent over from the beginning or at least it is not rechecking them to see what is already been downloaded. I don't know what setting would resolve this as I've checked em all I'm pretty sure. Any ideas? anyone? much appreciated if anyone knows what could resolve this.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

therealone1111 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:45 pm...
This sounds like a permission issue to me. Windows is notorious for that, if you re-use a hard drive or SSD from a previous installation, other PC, etc. Because NTFS (the filesystem Windows uses) has advanced permission handling, and so the used drive has other permissions, etc. You can right-click a drive, and then Security tab, and you can change the owner to yourself.

IF that is the issue.

Do both PC use the same OS, and same qBitorrent version?
therealone1111

Post by therealone1111 »

Peter wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:06 am
therealone1111 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:45 pm...
This sounds like a permission issue to me. Windows is notorious for that, if you re-use a hard drive or SSD from a previous installation, other PC, etc. Because NTFS (the filesystem Windows uses) has advanced permission handling, and so the used drive has other permissions, etc. You can right-click a drive, and then Security tab, and you can change the owner to yourself.

IF that is the issue.

Do both PC use the same OS, and same qBitorrent version?
no this is a brand new machine new drive fresh install. permissions fine. everything works the same except for that issue so far. I'll update here on status of it if I find some solution as well
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

therealone1111 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:23 am...
So all the drives in the PC, ALL of them, are brand new, and you formatted them through Disk Management, or during this Windows Installation?
therealone1111

Post by therealone1111 »

Peter wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:55 am
therealone1111 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:23 am...
So all the drives in the PC, ALL of them, are brand new, and you formatted them through Disk Management, or during this Windows Installation?
yes. new pc. fresh install. so I just experienced it again where a network disconnect and the qbittorrent closed. on reconnect and restarting it, I once again showed the downloads as starting over. so I forced a recheck manually on them and it rechecked them the "progress" tab then showed the correct status of how much was already downloaded, but the "downloaded" tab still showed the incorrect amount and did not update to show how much had already downloaded! lol weird right? it still completed correctly after I forced a recheck but it's like the app is not determining the correct amount already downloaded if it gets disrupted for any reason. I've rechecked settings on my old pc and it never did this at all. settings match. I've tried reinstalling to no avail. this is really weird. gonna try some other things as I go but man it's frustrating as QBittorrent had always been so reliable before.
therealone1111

Post by therealone1111 »

So just now, it happened again. a 12 GB file downloading at 75%, connection went down briefly (vpn) closing Qbittorrent. reopened. had to force recheck the files as they weren't showing correct downloaded info. now it shows the correct (?) percentage downloaded but not the correct amount downloaded. in short, at 75% complete, the downloaded status section is listing 900megabytes downloaded lol. WHAT? what is going on with this thing! it's like half displaying correct info and half not? I don't get it. I've never seen it do this before. ever. bizarre I think what I'm going to try is just disable the "downloaded" status as inaccurate and rely only on percentage complete and remaining which seem to be showing the accurate rechecks after restarting/reconnecting. so maybe this is a small bug? I don't know. could be. just sharing in case anyone else is noticing oddities like this.
therealone1111

Post by therealone1111 »

still ongoing issue. really bizarre that it doesn't recheck after a forced closing of the app. It has and still does on occasion, just not every time. lame.

seems like a bug but again, not happening every time just occasionally.