Question that I don't understand.

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
SpaceInvaders

Question that I don't understand.

Post by SpaceInvaders »

Hi, I'm like a beginner.

When I start qBittorrent I have this windows and I don't understand what is it about.

I suppose “livebox.home” it’s the physical box that my internet provider gives to me and I suppose this demand is necessary for qBittorent to opperate. isn't it?

What do I have to do?
What are the differencies between "Any connection", "Only local network" or "Only domain livebox. Home"?

I tried to find some answers on the internet without any success. Can you help me?

Best reggard.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Question that I don't understand.

Post by Peter »

Any connection.

Why the dialog?
You have to "sign" programs on Windows and Mac to get rid of such warnings. Signing something digitally is like putting a medieval wax seal on a closed envelope back then. You know it hasn't been tampered with, because it has the wax seal and the symbol you recognize. Same principle here. Someone would "sign" the program, like a qBittorrent developer and you'd know it's the same executable file.

Except, signing here costs a lot of money. Both platforms. First, you need a code sign cert. Quick check reveals it's about 840$+ per year. But that's only the certificate. On Mac you also need to pay the developer fee. Which is either 99$ or 299$, I can't recall which one the team would need.

It's daytime robbery and there is nothing anyone can do about it sadly.