qbittorrent 4.5.4 stopped working on my machine. how should I investigate/fix?

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
alx

qbittorrent 4.5.4 stopped working on my machine. how should I investigate/fix?

Post by alx »

Hi,

First post here. I had qBitTorrent 4.5.4 working fine on a mac M1. I have installed qBitTorrent 4.6.0beta1 lt20. At some point both have stopped working.
I have removed both and reinstalled 4.5.4 and still nothing.

What do I mean it's not working?

1. When adding a magnet link, the app is not retrieving any of the metadata details.

2. After the torrents are added, they sit in the app with the status Download metadata with zero seers/peers/etc.

Any ideas what I can do to restore the app? thank you
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qbittorrent 4.5.4 stopped working on my machine. how should I investigate/fix?

Post by Peter »

Well, try a torrent that "works", like Ubuntu's torrent image: https://ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads

Direct link: https://releases.ubuntu.com/23.04/ubunt ... so.torrent

(You can have two issues at this point...
1) If this will download, then you simply cannot get magnet links. It can be a firewall, port forward issue, etc.
2) Your whole qBittorrent is firewalled/blocked and you can't get anything. You could try this? viewtopic.php?t=4822)
alx

Re: qbittorrent 4.5.4 stopped working on my machine. how should I investigate/fix?

Post by alx »

Using the Ubuntu torrent it shows as stalled. It seems the issue is that qBittorrent cannot establish connection. I haven't played with the firewall but that could explain it. I'll dig into figuring that part out.
alx

Post by alx »

The firewall is disabled on my machine.
Transmission works with the same links or files.
There must be something else that I cannot pinpoint.
alx

Post by alx »

The messages in the log file are not very detailed:

Code: Select all

(W) 2023-08-24T13:43:35 - Couldn't load IP geolocation database. Reason: No such file or directory
(W) 2023-08-24T13:43:35 - Couldn't download IP geolocation database file. Reason: An unknown network-related error was detected
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

alx wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:45 am The messages in the log file are not very detailed:

Code: Select all

(W) 2023-08-24T13:43:35 - Couldn't load IP geolocation database. Reason: No such file or directory
(W) 2023-08-24T13:43:35 - Couldn't download IP geolocation database file. Reason: An unknown network-related error was detected
Have you tried this, the other linked thing?
viewtopic.php?t=4822
alx

Post by alx »

Yes, I have tried the signing thing and it changed nothing. The command ran successfully and nothing changed.
swo0sh

Post by swo0sh »

I have the issue that whenever I try opening the apps it doesn't open, it does Apple's Application opening animation, but doesn't open.
swm10021

Post by swm10021 »

quit the app, delete the config files ( ~/.config/qBittorrent/* ) and re-start.