QBittorent No Activity, But Shows Connected

Linux specific questions, problems.
ASparglepartz

QBittorent No Activity, But Shows Connected

Post by ASparglepartz »

This is slightly more complicated then the subject implies. I have qBittorrent on Kubuntu 22.04, was running 4.4.2 until recently without a problem. I use Tor to download and it launches to qBittorrent. The weird thing (for me at least) is that if I go to a folder and try to open the .torrent file, it launches a new instance of qBittorrent with different settings and list of torrents (it is a persistent second instance, doesn't keep launching new blank/fresh ones if you open from a different folder for instance). Though, when I checked system monitor they both launch from the command usr/bin/qbittorrent . A few days ago there was an update for Tor and a few other random for Kubuntu and when I rebooted my pc and launched qBittorrent in the usual manner it came up just fine and listed all of the expected files and shows Connected. However, nothing happens. All new downloads added since say stalled and the tracker doesn't see any of my seeds. I tried updating to 4.5.5 and same issue. I then tried Timeshift to before the updates and still the same issue. Reapplied updates and no change. So, I tried opening a .torrent from a folder and it launched the separate instance of qBittorrent and it downloaded and seeded just fine. I've since changed to identical settings between the two (most changes were simply UI) Both show connected, but only the one launched from the file works.

Any ideas on how to get the instance that launches from Tor fixed or have Tor launch the new instance (I'm also just generally curious about why there are two instances)? If I need to use the new instance, is there a way to migrate all of the torrents I have in the original one so they point to the correct saved file locations?

Any help would be appreciated, TIA