version 4.5.3 stuck on Downloading metadata ???

Windows specific questions, problems.
melani

version 4.5.3 stuck on Downloading metadata ???

Post by melani »

m Melani, I been using this client for 3 years Now - Only as recent as 1st December 2023 suddenly my qbittorent changed from downloading torrents to - downloading Metadata - I have never had this until now - & I did not change Anything - when I googled this bug - I found that back in 2021 - Qbittorent had changed whats called - " PIA renamed the connection! " - Im not sure what thats about - anyway - I hope I dont have to go back to utorrent - because I thought when I 1st started using qbittorent - I thought it was pretty good until now - if u know any solution to this - please let me know - all my torrents download have stopped because of this bug ... ??
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: version 4.5.3 stuck on Downloading metadata ???

Post by Peter »

What kind of torrents are you downloading? Are they from private trackers? Public trackers? From search?
melani

Post by melani »

Peter wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:59 pm What kind of torrents are you downloading? Are they from private trackers? Public trackers? From search?
Oh, sorry - I just Realise Now why I never see - that metadata thingy - its because they are Dead torrents - anyhow its working again Now - Yes they are all Public trackers - I never download anything from private trackers .
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

melani wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:33 am
Peter wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:59 pm What kind of torrents are you downloading? Are they from private trackers? Public trackers? From search?
Oh, sorry - I just Realise Now why I never see - that metadata thingy - its because they are Dead torrents - anyhow its working again Now - Yes they are all Public trackers - I never download anything from private trackers .
You should use this: https://github.com/ngosang/trackerslist/tree/master
Simply open like "trackers_all.txt", click Raw: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ngosa ... rs_all.txt

And then add these trackers to your torrents.
You can even go into Settings ("Options") and there look for BitTorrent on the left, scroll down and you can use that box there to automatically add this list to each new torrent.

This list updates sometimes, so just replace it every now and then. No need to overdo it though.
Good luck.