Reseed after formatting the PC

Windows specific questions, problems.
jeronimofilho1996

Reseed after formatting the PC

Post by jeronimofilho1996 »

Hey, good morning!

I downloaded an .ISO and had to format the PC. Is there any way I can reseed this file?

Sorry about the English and if it's not the correct area. It's only been 2 days since I started studying the language and; I didn't find another area of the forum more ideal than this one to post.
NXZ

Re: Reseed after formatting the PC

Post by NXZ »

Get the torrent file. Add it to qBittorrent. Choose the folder where you have the ISO file as download location. qBittorrent will check the ISO before seeding it.
Next time, before you format your PC, save a copy of these 2 folders, to keep your settings and active torrents :
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\qBittorrent
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\qBittorrent
jeronimofilho1996

NXZ wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:54 am Next time, before you format your PC, save a copy of these 2 folders, to keep your settings and active torrents :
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\qBittorrent
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\qBittorrent
Thank you very much for this tip!
Get the torrent file. Add it to qBittorrent. Choose the folder where you have the ISO file as download location. qBittorrent will check the ISO before seeding it.
Ah, in that case, then, I won't be able to reseed, because when I downloaded it was only the .ISO file and not the .TORRENT file.
Thank you very much for your help!
NXZ

Post by NXZ »

jeronimofilho1996 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:56 pm Thank you very much for this tip!
You are welcome.
jeronimofilho1996 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:56 pm I won't be able to reseed, because when I downloaded it was only the .ISO file and not the .TORRENT file.
It means you downloaded the ISO using a magnet link (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:.................). In this case, you just need to find that magnet and add it again to qBittorrent. Choose the folder where you have the ISO as download location, then let qBittorrent check the ISO file before seeding it.
jeronimofilho1996

Thank you very much! ^^
I got it! I reseeded again! :D