Raspberry pi5 - qbittorrent v4.5.2 - Private internet access 3.5.3 - no directo connections/trackers

Linux specific questions, problems.
drpepper

Raspberry pi5 - qbittorrent v4.5.2 - Private internet access 3.5.3 - no directo connections/trackers

Post by drpepper »

So I have a lean install PI5. I can install and run qbittorrent ok. But when I introduce PIA 3.5.3 with port forwarding - I can no longer connect. Cannot talk to any trackers although DHT, PeX, and LST all have a "working" status.

Have tried changing the network interface binding in advanced settings with no change.

Under PIA "privacy" if I enable "vpn kill switch" only i can connect to swarm, but still not supplemental trackers.

If I enable PIA "advanced kill switch" then QBitTorrent is completely dead.

Checking if anyone has similar experience.
chruez007

Re: Raspberry pi5 - qbittorrent v4.5.2 - Private internet access 3.5.3 - no directo connections/trackers

Post by chruez007 »

no problems maybe you are running qbittorrent as a different user and therefor you cannot access the internet.
try it with qbittorrent-nox and ensure you define the user in the service file you need to create for autostart

To install qbittorrent-nox and create a service file for autostart using systemctl on Debian, you can follow these steps:

Install qbittorrent-nox:

sudo apt-get install qbittorrent-nox

This command will install the qbittorrent-nox package on your Debian system.

Create a service file for autostart:

Open a text editor with root privileges. For example, you can use nano:

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/qbittorrent-nox.service

In the text editor, add the following content to the service file:

[Unit]
Description=qBittorrent-nox
After=network.target

[Service]

ExecStart=/usr/bin/qbittorrent-nox
User=<your_username>
Restart=always

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Replace <your_username> with your actual username.

Save the file by pressing Ctrl + O, then press Enter to confirm the filename. Finally, exit the text editor by pressing Ctrl + X.

Enable and start the service:

sudo systemctl enable qbittorrent-nox.service
sudo systemctl start qbittorrent-nox.service