Binning partially downloaded files

Windows specific questions, problems.
tribunallist

Binning partially downloaded files

Post by tribunallist »

I am looking for a way to delete partially downloaded files. I have currently got two paths - one for incomplete torrents and another as default path. I had assumed that when all selected files are 100% downloaded, the torrent would be moved into the default folder path. This seems to happen, but partially downloaded files - the ones which are not selected - are also transferred along with the completed files. What's the setup to automatically delete these files so they never appear on disk when the torrents are transferred from the incomplete folder? I've been through the menus, but I can't find an option for this.
bob2306

Re: Binning partially downloaded files

Post by bob2306 »

This is handled the way you want if you mark a file as "do not download" before any part of that file has downloaded.
tribunallist

Post by tribunallist »

Wouldn't that just prevent partially downloaded files, not actually delete them?
bob2306

Post by bob2306 »

Commonly files don't align with bittorrent parts, so qbittorrent has to download and store the overlap in a hidden file - small files are often stored entirely. These files are deleted when the torrent is removed.

Deleting unwanted files on completion is dangerous because QB makes it really easy to mark a file as "do not download" by mistake. If that happens the torrent may complete instantaneously resulting in the loss of the file. It could be a file that was on the verge of completing after months of slow downloading.

It would be useful to have a way of stripping incomplete files, and I think it's been requested on the tracker, but it needs to be handled carefully.
tribunallist

Post by tribunallist »

How do I bin partially download files.
I have hundreds of torrents that I need to prune.